Courtesy Milwaukee Public Museum, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Single-shot muzzle-loading percussion rifle, chambered for .58-caliber. Has 39" barrel and full-length walnut stock held on by three barrel bands. Iron ramrod mounted under barrel. Mountings are iron. A bayonet lug combined with front sight. Lock marked "A. Fred. Lins/Philada." Rare weapon used by Union forces in Civil War. Approximately 200 manufactured in 1861 and 1862.